31/10:16 EST Cancellation Severe Weather Warning for Snowy Mountains Forecast District.
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
For people in Snowy Mountains Forecast District.
Issued at 10:16 am Sunday, 31 May 2020.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in NSW and the ACT.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
Thredbo Top AWS recorded 139 km/h wind gust at 01:50 am.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Don’t walk, ride or drive through flood water.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Beware of fallen trees or debris on the road.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.